帖子

12万

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2020-7-7 06:52:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Tale of  A fourth Grade nothing.

July, 2020Dear Parents,It is my pleasure to teach
your child Tales of A Fourth Grade Nothing in Book and Movie Club.I hope that we will have a great season in July.

My name is Jenny Edwards and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working with FocusLearning since 2017. Over the years, in various organizations, schools, and academic centres, Ihave been teaching in the areas of English, Drama, and Social Science. These are also thesubjects I will be qualified to teach in high school after completing my OCT certification nextApril. My greatest joy in teaching is seeing my students get excited about knowledge explorationand seeing them enjoy the various interactive, creative ways that we engage with the material.My goal is to make the learning process fun, inspiring, interesting and relevant to my students. Ialso strive to provide them with skills that will serve them all the way up to and includinguniversity and teach some important life lessons along the way as well!

In July, students will learn significant elements of the story such as character development,conflict and resolution, setting, plot, and theme. This class also provides an opportunity forstudents to practice their own writing skills, implementing their new knowledge andunderstanding of the various elements of a story into their work. Furthermore, they will developcritical thinking skills, and have the opportunity to reflect on how the story and its themes arepersonally relevant to the students and consider how they might apply some of the lessons totheir own lives!

Before coming to class, students should make sure they have access to a PDF of How to EatFried Worms and lined/blank paper, pencil/pen OR laptop/iPad (as long as they have somethingthey can write on during class).

It is important that the students turn on their cameras and show their faces on the webcam inclass so that we can interact effectively. If you or your child have any concerns, please contactFocus Learning for an alternative plan.

All homework and reading materials for this class will be posted in Google Classroom at least2 days prior to the class. Reading homework may take 20-30 minutes and accompanyingwritten homework may take another 20-30 minutes. Homework is due at the start of the nextclass. Marking will be returned to the student with feedback before the next class.

The Google classroom room code for this class is s3dthni. All homework assignments will beposted on Google Classroom and students are expected to submit their homework in GoogleClassroom ONLY.Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns during this term. I can becontacted at focusonlinezoom3@gmail.com.Regards,Jenny EdwardsBook and Movie Club Teacher/Instructor.

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
【郑重声明】荷顿论坛刊载此文不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何投资或其他建议。转载需经本网同意并注明出处。本网站有部分文章是由网友自由上传,对于此类文章本站仅提供交流平台,不为其版权负责;部分内容经社区和论坛转载,原作者未知,如果您发现本网站上有侵犯您的知识产权的文章,请及时与我们联络,我们会及时删除或更新作者。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表